I have mentioned Cuter Cuticles before but they have recently made some changes to their policies and I tried some new scents so thought I would make a new post.
Cuter Cuticles used to offer free shipping. With numerous price increases at Canada Post, this is no longer possible. So Samantha lowered the prices of the items (which included shipping costs) and now offers free shipping when you spend $40. Shipping is now based on the size of the items, so shipping on cuticle oils and other tiny items costs less than the bulkier items like barrier butters.
She also made some changes to the bottles, moving from plastic bottles to glass ones with metal rollerballs. They are so much nicer looking and cost less! The three scents I have to share with you are not custom scents, which Samantha does offer. They do not appear in her shop though. If you are a member of the Cuter Cuticles Cuties facebook group, you get access to a list of additional scents offered that you can add in the custom scent box.
Cuter Cuticles Crazy Ex Girlfriend Cuticle Oil
Crazy Ex Girlfriend from Cuter Cuticles is described as Cranberry ice, fresh raspberry, strawberry, jasmine, apples and heliotrope, licorice, exotic woods and black musk. It is surprisingly smooth with sassy written all over it. Sassy fruity is definitely the best way to describe this. A girly but modern scent if you are looking for that sort of thing.
Cuter Cuticles Famed (Lady Gaga Type) Cuticle Oil
Described as being is built on three main accords: dark accord, sensual accord and light accord. The dark accord includes poisonous flower Belladonna and incense, which evolve into the sensual and opulent wave of honey drops, saffron and apricot. A floral veil of Sambac jasmine and tiger orchid embody light and beauty.
Unlike the matching perfume, Cuter Cuticles Famed is not black (a good thing since you are putting it on your cuticles). I swear that I think this smells different every time I use it. Sometimes it smells more musky, sometimes more like baby powder and sometimes fruity? I guess it depends on my body chemistry at the time. It does have a perfume-y quality for it and the scent is not as strong as some of the others.
Cuter Cuticles Keeping It Fluffy Cuticle Oil
Keeping It Fluffy is comprised of soft white musk, vanilla, ylang and geraniol with warm hints of spice. This is the “grown up” scent I keep in my purse to use at work.
Based on the scent of the similarly named LUSH bath bomb it is musky and spicy with a soft vanilla base that lasts for a while.
Scents on my list to try
- Elf Sweat: Fizzy soda pop bubbles, candy canes, sweet syrup, sugar crystals and sweet candy notes make for a fun, whimsical fragrance
- Hello Sugar: Sweet sugar cane with notes of lemon rind and shortbread. A delectable tart lemon sugar scent – yummy perfection and spoton to the real deal!
- Instant Karma: A powdery blend of patchouli, dragon’s blood, lavender, fir, orange and cashmere musk.
- Magical Potion: Mandarin orange and Japanese grapefruit blend with strong notes of Georgia peach, Nubian musk, magnificent plum and soft rose petals. A truly magical blend
- Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins: Heavy on the vanilla and sweet buttercream frosting with fresh coconut and powdery notes of heliotrope. (yeah another Christmasy scent in the warmer months but the name!)