I have mentioned Paint It Pretty Polish before. She was nice enough to make me a custom polish in memory of Izzy when she died last year. It is also a Canadian brand and local to me so I am happy to see that she is a maker at Indie Expo Canada this weekend. I already shared her limited edition polishes, Blue Me Away at IEC and Bling Up Your Life at IEC earlier but this is one of her regular polishes. Paint It Pretty Polish It Ain’t Over Till It’s Clover is a green based duochrome that shifts to gold.
Paint It Pretty Polish It Ain’t Over Till It’s Clover
You do see the shimmery base in Paint It Pretty Polish It Ain’t Over Till It’s Clover. It is designed that way, but if you are looking for that super shiny smooth finish, something to be aware of. While it is meant to be a duochrome with a green-gold shift, it also leans teal-blue in some lighting so is a bit cooler than many gold-green polishes. You can see a little of the more blue shift in the bottle and left side of my nail here.
You can see the green, gold and more blue colours in this Canadian duochrome indie polish in this swatch in natural lighting.
Gold tone of Paint It Pretty Polish It Ain’t Over Till It’s Clover in natural light on a cloudy day.
Paint It Pretty Polish It Ain’t Over Till It’s Clover Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats, shown with Paint It Pretty top coat
- Dry time: Decent, I waited a few minutes between coats
- Wear time: Normal
- Issues: None and no staining on the nail using sticky base coat. Some shimmer left around the nail on removal but nothing a good rinse could not take care of.
- Colour: Shimmery duochrome with a green to gold shift.
- Buy It: Online through Paint It Pretty Polish’s etsy store.