The newest collection from Alter Ego is their Fan Faves collection. Cynthia got her fans to choose the names and everything! This is Summer Sunset, a peachy pink with gold shimmer that just screams summer. It has a jelly like formula and needs 3 coats to cover the nail line. It loos great shiny or with matte top coat for a different look.
Alter Ego Summer Sunset – Stamping and Topper Test
Not surprisingly, not great for stamping. You get a little of the gold shimmer coming through but it is too sheer to really show. It looks better over black than light colours, but is a subtle look.
Since it was so sheer, I thought it might work well as a topper. The formula just isn’t even enough though. It reminded me of those crackle polishes you could buy in drug stores. So save this one for pond manis or just a nice feminine look.
Alter Ego Summer Sunset Swatches
Summer Sunset from Alter Ego’s Fan Faves collection shown in artificial lighting and sunlight. You can see a more pink tone in natural light while the peach/coral tones come out in artificial lighting. The golden flash from the shimmer comes through in all lighting.
Alter Ego Summer Sunset Matte Swatches
I actually love this one when matte. Something about little gold flakies when not shiny just works for me. It does lean more pink when mattified. probably because the gold isn’t shimmering and changing the look of the polish around it.
Alter Ego Summer Sunset Overview
- Coats required: 3 coats to cover visible nail line
- Dry time: Good, nails were dry enough for the second coat by the time both hands were painted but needed a little extra for the third
- Wear time: Good but as with most jelly polishes, tip wear is an issue as it is hard to cap the tips
- Issues: None
- Colour: Pink jelly base with gold microflakes
- Buy It: Through Alter Egos website (not limited edition) or at Indie Expo Canada.