Another favourite from the Alter Ego Fan Faves collection. Spring Rain is a gorgeous bright medium blue with shimmer and scattered holographic particles in it. This one is a little textured so best used with a thick top coat to smooth it out. The glitter in this just glows on the nail and in the bottle. It has a nice thick formula that levels easily so is a dream to apply.
Alter Ego Spring Rain Swatches
Look at that holo sparkle! You ca see a little of the texture here as I was trying a new top coat that is fairly thin in consistency and not enough for the bumps in this.
A real stunner in sunlight when it really sparkles. Definitely a polish I will be using throughout the summer.
Now quite as sparkly in artificial lighting but still has a beautiful glow to it.
Alter Ego Spring Rain Matte Swatches
You lose the holo but Alter Ego still shows the silvery glitter for a gorgeous finish when matte.
Alter Ego Spring Rain Stamping Test
Spring Rain is not quite a one coat wonder so I was surprised to see it stamped so well. It certainly looks better over darker colours than light. The holo and foil like base just work better over black in general. But it was opaque enough to use as a stamping polish over both.
Alter Ego Spring Rain Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats and generous top coat
- Dry time: Good, nails were dry enough for the second coat
- Wear time: Good, I wore this for 2 days without any chipping before removing
- Issues: None – requires a little scrubbing for removal and no staining with base coat
- Colour: Bright medium blue with silver and holographic microglitter
- Buy It: Available through Alter Egos website or at Indie Expo Canada. Not a limited edition polish.