Indie Expo Canada is fast approaching and a great opportunity to get your hands on some pretty indie polishes with no shipping costs! Tickets start at just $20 but for $75 you get early admission and a VIP swag bag with over $100 in goodies. One of those VIP Exclusives is the polish I am sharing today. Alter Ego Poised Heroine is a gorgeous jelly purple with bronzed flakies. This will not be for sale at the Alter Ego table and can only be found in your swag bag.
Look at those pretty flakes. So many so you get nice coverage. The purple leans a little more red than this photo shows. The formula is jelly like so you do need three coats for opacity. Be sure to let them dry in between so limit patchiness. The formula itself is good, no flooding and opaque enough that you can get even brush strokes at the edges each time. I have those really pale jellies that are hard to build.
You do see some visible nail line here, but it is only visible under my lights. I didn’t notice it in normal indoor lighting but didn’t have any sun when wearing it to check. I hate doing a fourth coat, but if you have really visible nail lines, might be worth it. Like last year, Cynthia from Alter Ego named this shade Poised Heroine after Pam Heil, the owner of Girly Bits Cosmetics and organizer of Indie Expo Canada.
The flakies lean bronze or red depending on lighting. The polish is much lighter on the nail than in the bottle. Again, nail line is visible under my lights but was not to the naked eye when using normal indoor lighting. The flakes themselves are well distributed and cover the nail evenly.
Alter Ego Poised Heroine Swatches – Indie Expo Canada 2018 VIP Exclusive
Alter Ego Poised Heroine (Indie Expo Canada 2018 VIP Exclusive) Polish Overview
- Coats required: 3 coats (shown with top coat)
- Dry time: Good, despite needing a third coat, it dried quickly
- Wear time: decent. I put this on the second I received it and looks good 2 days later, but removed to try another shade.
- Issues: None but may need a fourth coat for very visible nail lines given the jelly formula
- Colour: Purple jelly with bronzed flakies
- Buy It: Only available in VIP Bags at Indie Expo Canada on June 10th.