I am super excited about the upcoming Polish Pickup because I helped choose the inspiration for Alter Ego’s polish. Make a Banshee Blush is a silver polish that glows pink in the dark. As kids, my family would often call us a pack of banshees when if we were noisy or crying. Sometimes with expletives thrown in, because Irish families…
Banshees were believed to be fairy women, each old Irish family had their own banshee and they would wail or cry to herald a death in the family. Early stories of them have them wearing grey cloaks over their dresses with red rimmed eyes from crying, the inspiration for the colour behind this polish.
Since not everyone would want a death themed polish, Cynthia went with a lighter themed name. As someone with fair Irish skin prone to that bright red blush, I am sure banshees with their pale skin blush just as brightly! Now your polish can “blush” in the dark with the pink glow.
- Natural lighting: silver shimmery base
- Low light: pearl like pinkish-silver
- Glow in the Dark: pink
Alter Ego Make a Banshee Blush is exclusive to Polish Pickup. Available only November 1st to 4th, it will be $9.50 US for full size only. There is no cap limit for this polish either so you don’t have to worry about missing out. If you are not familiar with Polish Pickup (is that possible?), they offer polishes based on a theme for the first weekend of each month. You can buy from multiple makers and have them shipped together for an affordable $3US in the States or $5 to Canada.
Swatches of Alter Ego Make a Banshee Blush (Polish Pickup November 2019)
Make a Banshee Blush with UV Light over two fingers. The slight glow on my ring finger gives you an idea of the colour in low light since I couldn’t get a good photo of the more pearl pink.
In natural light, Alter Ego Make a Banshee Blush is a silver polish with a glittery look with none of the texture. Two coats for full opacity, even with my strong visible nail line.
I couldn’t get a great photo of the pearl pink glow in low light, but here are some of how gorgeous it in in low light. Shown using a UV light above and in a dark room below.
Getting great photos of a glow in the dark polish is hard people!
Alter Ego Make a Banshee Blush – Glow in the Dark Polish (Polish Pickup November 2019) Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats for opacity. I often need a third for my strong visible nail line but I don’t think it could be a one coater for others.
- Dry time: Good
- Wear time: Good but Alter Ego generally wears well on my nails
- Issues: None
- Colour: In natural lighting, a silver shimmer. In low light, a pearl like pink with a slight glow and pink in the dark. It charges quickly and the bottle shot glowing below was taken after leaving the bottle in the window for 30 mins shaking a few times.
- Buy It: $9.50 with no cap. Only available from Polish Pickup November 1st to 4th