We didn’t do prom at my English school so it is very much a movie thing for me. The closest we came was a leaving dinner in our final year with no dates. Do you have a worst prom story? The Makers Dozen collab for October is doing Horror Movies for October. Each maker is given a different colour for the month and Alter Ego was given red. There will be a maximum of 40 bottles of Alter Ego Worst Prom Ever available starting on October 1st while supplies last and priced at $10 US.
The inspiration for Alter Ego Worst Prom Ever is Carrie’s blush pink dress covered in pig’s blood.
Alter Ego Worst Prom Ever Swatches (
Worst Prom Ever is a metallic pastel pink microglitter in a red base. It leans tomato red on me and has lots of pink glitter. The gold sparks in some of my photos comes from the sunlight hitting them, it is a straight pink glitter. Two coats was plenty for opacity. Shown with She Shines glossy top coat.
It did need some scrubbing on removal, but I had base coat, two colour coats, glossy top coat then matte. So it was a lot of layers to remove with glitter too. Not major scrubbing but definitely more than just a quick soak and wipe. No staining from the red either which is always a plus.
Alter Ego Worst Prom Ever Matte Swatches
seriously, add matte top coat, it is gorgeous with the mattified glitter
Alter Ego Worst Prom Ever (Makers Dozen Octobe 2019) Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats for opacity (3rd on my ring finger to cover strong visible nail line)
- Dry time: Good
- Wear time: Good (worn for 5 days with matte top coat added on 2nd day)
- Issues: None but you will need to scrub a little on removal.
- Colour: Red base with pastel pink metallic microglitter
- Buy It: Limited edition for Makers Dozen, only 40 bottles available. $10 US / full size only. Buy direct from Alter Ego.
One Reply to “Alter Ego Worst Prom Ever Swatches (Makers Dozen October 2019)”
This is a gorgeous polish <3 Not seen Carrie in a long, long time!