After mixed results with Frill Seeker and Rosey Riviter, I tried out Sally Hansen Miracle Gel World Wide Red next. It has an almost crelly formula. Much less opaque than either of the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polishes I tried previously but not quite jelly either. This red has a touch of coral in it. Not enough to be a coral, just not quite a true red either. It leans slightly more orange than my photos show, but that could just be my pinkish skintone.
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in World Wide Red needs to be rolled, not shaken as it does bubble more easily than the other polishes I have tried in the line. I am a big fan of the stubby wide brush in the Miracle Gel line, but this one was slightly more curved on one side than the other.
Swatches of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel World Wide Red
Two coats of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in World Wide Red in artificial lighting. Some visible nail line is noticeable so it could do with a third coat.
In shade, Sally Hansen Miracle Gel World Wide Red leans more red and less orange/coral.
Bright sunlight brings out the orange in Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in World Wide Red. Visible nail line is more noticeable in bright sunlight but my nail line is quite opaque so may be less of an issue on other nails.
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel World Wide Red Review & Nail Art
The formula is good on this one, applies smoothly but is a crelly formula so benefits from a third coat. This is especially true if you have an opaque nail line. As with many orange/coral leaning reds, it does give me lobster hands in some lighting so would likely look better on deeper skin tones.
Stamped with Pueen Fancy Lover 02 and Mundo de Unas BlackSatch
- Coats required: 2-3x Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Frill World Wide Red & 1 x Sally Hansen Miracle Gel top coat
- Dry time: good, thin coats are dry by the time you are done both hands and ready for the next coat
- Wear time: good but not as good as some shades from the line
- Issues: crelly formula that needs a third coat for full opacity over opaque nail lines. Polish levels well.
- Buy It: Available at most drug stores and Walmart. Priced at $8-10 depending on store and sales.
One Reply to “Sally Hansen Miracle Gel World Wide Red (409) Swatches and Review”
What is “lobster hands?”