From creepy or weird to just funny, Polish Pickup for October 2019 is all about Urban Legends. Alter Ego has chosen Bozho, the Lake Mendota Serpent as her Urban Legend. A US version of the Loch Ness Monster, the Bozho Serpent in Lake Mendota, WI was first reported in the 1860s. From rare sightings, pranks or attacks on boats and even licking people’s feet, there are a bunch of stories about the sea serpent that has come to be known as Bozho. Read about Bozho sightings here.
Swatches of Alter Ego Bozho Lake Mendota Serpent (Polish Pickup October 2019)
There are no photos of Bozho swimming around in Lake Mendota but reports describe her as a dark green with silvery scales. So Cynthia choose a blackened green with scattered holo as her polish shade inspired by Bozho. It is a touch greener than my camera picks up, especially in sunlight or more yellow lighting. I do have a third coat on to cover my strong visible nail line. It gets darker with each coat so let the second dry and decide whether you really need a third.
Dry time was good and removal easy with 100% acetone. While I didn’t wear it long, no staining. It didn’t have that black polish removal issue where you get black marks left until you use 10+ acetone soaked cotton balls either.
Alter Ego Bozho, Lake Mendota Serpent (Polish Pickup October 2019) Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats for opacity. I do have a 3rd due to my ring finger which has a much stronger visible nail line but it darkens with each coat.
- Dry time: Decent
- Wear time: Alter Ego generally wears well on my nails but I only wore this for a day before removal for swatching other colours
- Issues: None, it is a dark polish so I did leave acetone (with acetone additive) on for a few seconds before wiping away
- Colour: Blackened green with scattered holo
- Buy It: $9 with no cap. Only available from Polish Pickup October 4th to 7th
Alter Ego Bozho Lake Mendota Serpent Nail Art
I paired my base of Alter Ego Bozho, Lake Mendota Serpent with some lake monster stamping. Using Hit the Bottle Holo There Beautiful to keep the silvery holo look of Bozho’s scales, I stamped using BM-XL25. My ring finger is based on reports of how she looked while my middle finger has the waves from the time she rocked a boat. I finished off the look with some calmer lake waters on my other fingers.