The Velocirapture collection from Alter Ego continues to excel with the beautiful blue Hold Onto Your Butts. Similar in tone to darker denim, this has a blue colorant with a chrome base. The silvery tone of the base makes it glow and gives it great opacity.
Alter Ego Hold Onto Your Butts Swatches
In artificial lighting, the blue seems richer. The chrome base gives it a beautiful glow.
In natural lighting, you see more of the metallic chrome base toning down the blue. Hold Onto Your Butts appears a little darker and less glowy too. Not exactly a summery colour but I love the shade. I can see wearing it a lot.
Removal, like the rest of the Alter Ego Velocirapture collection, was fairly easy. You do need to rub a little to remove the chrome base but not scrub. Using 100% acetone, I simply left it on the nail for a few seconds longer than normal and it wiped away.
Alter Ego Hold Onto Your Butts Stamping Test
All five of the Velocirapture polishes stamp well but Hold Onto Your Butts is especially good. Over black, you get a more foil/metallic look from the chrome base. Over white, it is not quite as opaque looking and is more of the blue colorant showing.
Alter Ego Hold Onto Yout Butts (Velocirapture Collection) Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats (but you might get away with one thick coat if you don’t have an especially visible nail line)
- Dry time: Good, nails were dry enough for the second coat
- Wear time: Good
- Issues: Nothing major – requires a little scrubbing for removal. No staining on the nail using sticky base coat.
- Colour: Dark denim blue with chrome base.
- Buy It: Available through Alter Egos website later this month or get them early when you shop at Indie Expo Canada. Not a limited edition polish.