Fall is my favourite time of year. It cools down, you can wear cute sweaters and you can get away with bright or vampy colours. Each season, Avon chooses a few shades that work for the season and I am loving their Fall Lipstick Report shades. They are all so wearable on most skin tones and will work for most looks.
I have three matte shades and three creme bullets to share with you today. Starting with the mattes because I love Avon True Colour Mattes. The formula is one of few affordable ones that have staying power on my lips.
Best Fall 2018 Matte Lipsticks from Avon True Color
The matte shades are a mix of the browns you expect for fall and berry shades that I love for all seasons. The staying power on these does vary a little by shade. The pinker toned one tends to stain the lips a little and doesn’t last as long as the wine or browner shade.
- Wild Cherry is a berry toned pink-purple from the Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte line. This is very much my go to type of colour for all seasons. It does cling to any dry skin on your lips, so exfoliate well and use their Beyond Colour Lip Conditioner before using.
- Marvelous Mocha is from the Avon Perfectly Matte line and a nice rich medium brown. Think the colour on the edges of latte art. I tend to go a little lighter or darker than this but had so many compliments when wearing it.
- Hot Plum looks a lot darker in the bullet than it shows on the lips. This wine toned Avon Perfectly Matte lipstick is also a little more sheer than the others. It builds well if you want more colour, but is great for a light coat of colour too.
Avon True Colour Lipsticks for Fall 2018
The True Color lipsticks are infused with jojoba oil, vitamin e, collagen and lanolin to help out after wearing the more drying formulas of matte lipsticks. These three shades are more similar in tone than the mattes, with a lighter shade for everyday wear and two more berry toned shades for a pop of colour.
- Toasted Rose is a My Lips But Better shade for me. Very wearable, a slight shimmer and a creamy formula that lasts a few hours on my lips.
- Berry Berry Nice looks almost red in the bullet but the payoff is more pink toned. While not shimmery, it has a nice glossy look to the colour.
- Wine with Everything is the darkest of the True Color creme shades for Fall. A very wearable medium wine shade bordering on berry with good colour payoff and lasting power.
Overall, I was surprised to love all six of the shades from the Fall 2018 lipstick collection. Toasted Rose and Marvelous Mocha have been getting the most wear time but all of them work with my pale skin which is nice.
You can order these Avon lipsticks for $10 each from your local Avon representative or shop online here.