I am a huge fan of Maybelline’s Baby line, I love Baby Lips so when I saw Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser on the clearance shelf at Shoppers Drug Mart (I have been cleaning them out of clearance deals lately) I jumped at the chance to try it. I have heard good things about their Pore Eraser but never really read a review or seen it in action so I didn’t have any expectations going in other than others were usually positive about it.
Maybelline’s Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser feels very much like a silicone primer. It is a little thicker and less oily feeling than Smashbox’s primer and similar to e.l.f.’s in consistency. One your skin, it smooths on easily and feels silky to the touch. You apply it after moisturizer/sunscreen and before makeup if wearing any of these.
Instant Pore Eraser Claims:
- Instantly blurs the look of pores without clogging them.
- Transparent gel formula smooths on clear.
- Smoothes and refines skin’s appearance.
- Non comedogenic & fragrance free (that means it doesn’t block pores)
- Use alone for flawless looking skin smoothing onto areas with visible pores or smooth a thin layer under foundation for a smooth looking finish
woah scary no makeup before & after shots!
As you can see, it definitely blurred my pores, a lot more than I thought a drug store product could. For day to day use, I could see this replacing Smashbox Photo Finish if you only need to deal with visible pores and want a budget option. It seemed to make the red blotches on my skin more noticeable however, so I personally would need something to even out my skin tone before applying foundation.
It did not make my skin oilier, but did not have much in the way of mattifying effect either which some primers do. It also caused none of that pilling of primer when I applied my foundation over it which is always a plus. Overall, I do recommend it but it will depend on your skincare needs.
Buy Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
- Pore Eraser sells for about $10 at Walmart and most drug stores or $12 from well.ca
- Get more information about Pore Eraser
- Connect with Maybelline: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram