Fighting dry skin while having an oily t-zone has been a nightmare this winter. Regular products that help with oil control dry my skin out too much to deal with the harsher weather while more moisturizing ones leave me with visible oil, especially on my forehead. I went in search of a new product to fight oil without drying and found The Body Shop Seaweed Line.
The Body Shop Seaweed Skincare Line
Bladderwack is a type of brown seaweed that grows on the northern Atlantic and Baltic coasts of Europe. It has the largest trace mineral content of any known single source of seaweed. It also contains high levels of iodine, antioxidants and vitamin B. Because it is grown without chemicals or fertilizers, it is safe to use on any skin type or at any age to help control shine.
- Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator: A soap-free facial scrub that effectively deep cleanses blocked pores and exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, excess oils, impurities and daily grime.
- Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash: A mild, oil-free and soap-free highly foaming cleansing gel that effectively deep cleanses to clear open pores and rinse away excess oils, make-up, impurities and daily grime. Leaves the skin feeling cleansed and purified.
- Seaweed Clarifying Toner: An alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner. Instantly and effectively conditions, purifies and refreshes the skin, removing traces of make-up and cleanser. Leaves skin feeling fresh, purified, and looking shine-free.
- Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask: Detoxify and deep cleanse your skin with a weekly mask that uses natural ionic clay action to draw out impurities and control excess oil.
- Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream: An easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating moisture cream. Leaves the skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple with a shine-free, matte complexion.
- Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment: A light, easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free moisturizing gel. Innovative technology purifies and balances the skin in the areas you need it most, while delivering essential moisture to the drier areas and essential protection for the day ahead.
The facial cleanser is amazing, it seems to suck out oil while moisturizing and the scrub is not overly harsh so you can use it regularly. It has tiny beads so does not make the skin rough. The toner tightens and refreshes without drying out skin. The mattifying cream is by far my favourite. It absorbs quickly and has an almost gel like consistency that doesn’t add shine like some lotions.
Using the seaweed line has helped so much, my skin is soft and my oily t-zone doesn’t show up until 4-5pm instead of by lunch with other skincare lines I have used while trying to protect my skin from the drying effects of winter weather.
Try The Body Shop Seaweed Skincare Line
The Body Shop sells travel size kits to try out their skincare lines for $25 each or wait for a sale and pick them up when they offer 40% off or buy three get three free.