Alter Ego is releasing a new collection this month. The Proud To Be Me collection will debut at Indie Expo Canada on August 17th and be available online starting August 20th. The collection focuses on some lesser used colours and makes them unique with extra shimmers or flakies. Alter Ego Uncommonly Me is my favourite from the collection. A semi matte brick colour with gold glitter.
Alter Ego Uncommonly Me Swatches (Artificial Lighting)
All swatches shown with two coats of Alter Ego Uncommonly Me and glossy top coat. While I do like the semi matte base with glitter, the texture wasn’t great and I thought it would chip more easily. It isn’t particularly top coat hungry but you can feel the glitter without it.
Alter Ego Uncommonly Me Swatches (Natural Lighting)
shown in full shade
partial shade on a sunny day
swatch in full sun
shown in partial sun / cloudy day
Alter Ego Proud To Be Me Collection
Happy I’m Not Like The Others, Marching To My Own Beat, Being Myself & Uncommonly Me from the Alter Ego Proud To Be Me Collection
Alter Ego Uncommonly Me (Proud To Be Me Collection) Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats for full opacity – worn with glossy top coat.
- Dry time: Good
- Wear time: Good, I wore this for 5 days before removal with no chipping
- Issues: None but the base is semi matte and does have texture so use a good top coat to smooth the nail
- Colour: semi matte brick base with gold glitter
- Buy It: Indie Expo Canada 2019 or online from Alter Ego’s website starting August 20