If you are not familiar with Polish Pickup, it is a great way to try new makers. They bring together lots of makers each month and they make polish based on a chosen theme. The polishes are only available the first weekend of each month and many are limited quantities so shop early. The polishes are all shipped from the same place, so you only pay one shipping cost and it is really affordable to Canada too.
For August, the theme is carnivals so expect some really nice polishes. Alter Ego chose this Tilt a Whirl image as her inspiration for Whirlin’ In The Moonlight. It has a dark blue base with scattered micro holographic gold glitter. The glitter is larger in size but smooth on the nail with top coat.
Alter Ego Whirlin’ In The Moonlight Swatches – Artificial Light
The blue base colour does look different in various lighting as you can see from the different angles of my nails. In some lighting it appears almost navy while in others you get a bright glowy blue. It is pretty opaque but did need a second coat for full opacity.
Random angle but you can see that although the glitter looks chunky, it is smooth on the nail.
Alter Ego Whirlin’ In The Moonlight Swatches – Natural Bright Sunlight
Alter Ego Whirlin’ In The Moonlight Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats for full opacity – worn with glossy top coat
- Dry time: Good – nails were ready for next coat after all 10 painted and no dings later in the day
- Wear time: Good, I wore this for 3 days before removal with no chipping
- Issues: A little scrubbing required on removal, no staining with base coat.
- Colour: dark blue base with holographic gold glitter
- Buy It: Polish Pickup on August 2nd – ($9 USD for full size – only 30 available)