An oldie today. I used this one the other day as a black base and not sure I ever realized it was meant to be matte. My Indie Polish Rat Rod Paint Job is actually charcoal matte and not a deep black. Plus, it can be a one coater which is always a plus when you are testing polishes for stamping. As a one coat wonder, it also can be used for stamping itself.
My Indie Polish Rat Rod Paint Job is an early polish from Tanya, it was released as part of a 2014 Great Canadian Burlesque Girlesque Expo inspired collection. The fact that it is still available on her website should tell you how good the formula is on this matte polish. It is very much chalkboard finish. Not completely matte but far from shiny too. Not that many places have old black chalkboards anymore, but anyway… onto the swatches.
Swatches of My Indie Polish Rat Rod Paint Job
Shown with two coats of Rat Rod Paint Job, plus stamped over Hit The Bottle Drop Red Gorgeous on ring finger. Middle finger stamped with Hit The Bottle Drop Red Gorgeous for comparison. I used thinner coats and the second showed some of the lines in my nails. So a good idea to either use a ridge filling base coat. It may also be better to do one thicker coat or ensure the first coat is completely dry to stop streaking.
Rat Rod Paint Job by My Indie Polish in Natural Lighting
My Indie Polish Rat Rod Paint Job Stamping Test
While not a strictly a stamping polish, Rat Rod Paint Job by My Indie Polish stamps well. It picked up fine and thicker lines fine. and shows well over most colours.
My Indie Polish Rat Rod Paint Job Overview
- Coats required: One thick coat or two thin coats allowing for the first to fully dry to limit streaking (as with most matte polishes)
- Dry time: Good, nails were dry enough for the second coat
- Wear time: Decent considering no top coat was worn, but they do have My Perfect Matte top coat too
- Issues: As with many matte polishes, imperfections can show more. Use a good ridge filling base coat and allow coats to dry fully to limit streaks.
- Colour: Charcoal matte
- Buy It: My Indie Polish online ($12 for 15ml)