Alter Ego’s Velocirapture Collection debuted at Indie Expo Canada yesterday and will be available online tomorrow. One of the colours that I don’t know if I would have picked up if buying but ended up loving is Forever in Amber. Inspired by the amber that dinosaur DNA was found in from the Jurassic Park movie, Forever in Amber is a dark mustard-amber golden colour. It has a chrome base and great opacity. This one will be a one coat wonder for many people but I used two to give depth and ensure my often very visible nail line was covered.
Alter Ego Forever In Amber (Velocirapture Collection) – Artificial Lighting
Alter Ego Forever In Amber (Velocirapture Collection) – Natural Lighting
As with most of the Velocirapture collection, Alter Ego Forever in Amber shows more glowing in artificial lighting. The chrome base is more noticeable in natural lighting which cools down the gold tone too.
The amber colorant is a bit of a stainer, so make sure you remove any clean up right away and use a good base coat. It removes easily after soaking in acetone for a second or two. I used the same method I do for black polishes, soaking the nail for a second and swiping once away from the nail.
Alter Ego Forever In Amber Stamping Tests
Like the rest of the collection, Forever in Amber stamps well. It is not a stamping polish but as a one coater, no surprise that it stamps well. The formula seems a little different than the other Velocirapture polishes. They show really well over black thanks to the chrome base but not as vibrant over white. This one is really nice over white but slightly less opaque over black than say Clever Girl.
Alter Ego Forever In Amber (Velocirapture Collection) Overview
- Coats required: 1 coat, I used a second for depth and to cover my very visible nail line. Shown with top coat.
- Dry time: Good, nails were dry enough for the second coat
- Wear time: Good
- Issues: The yellow can stain so remove any cleanup immediately and use a good base coat.
- Colour: Mustard to amber gold with chrome base
- Buy It: Available through Alter Egos website later this month or get them early when you shop at Indie Expo Canada. Not a limited edition polish.