Another polish from Alter Ego! Today I have the show exclusive for Indie Expo Canada. Gentle Benevolent is a sheer fuchsia pink with blue shimmer. You can build it to wear alone or use as a topper. If you missed it, be sure to check out Alter Ego’s Poised Heroine, the VIP Exclusive for Indie Expo Canada. Alter Ego is based in the US so Indie Expo Canada is a great time to buy and skip on the shipping costs and border worries!
Look at that gorgeous blue! It doesn’t show as well in my photos as it does on the nail but this brush shot helps you really appreciate the gorgeous streak of blue Alter Ego Gentle Benevolent gives.
Alter Ego Gentle Benevolent (Indie Expo Canada Exclusive) Swatches
Shown with three coats for opacity plus top coat. The blue flash does show a bit better in normal lighting but my camera just didn’t want to pick it up. There is some visible nail line with three coats under my lighting but less noticeable in normal conditions. I also have quite noticeable nail line in general. The polish does dry quickly to allow easy application of three coats.
Removal requires no scrubbing, but you do get that shimmer on the skin around the nail so a good idea to rinse fully after removal to get it all off. The sheer pink base leaves no staining with base coat.
Indie Expo Canada exclusive Alter Ego Gentle Benevolent shown over black and China Glaze Crown For Whatever (dark matte blurple) to show the full effect for the blue. Shown with two coats base colour, one generous coat Gentle Benevolent plus top coat in full sunshine.
Alter Ego Gentle Benevolent (Indie Expo Canada 2018 Exclusive) Polish Overview
- Coats required: 3 coats (shown with top coat)
- Dry time: Good, despite needing a third coat, it dried quickly
- Wear time: Good. I removed it the next day to swatch others but did not use a sticky base and 24 hours is about all my nails manage these days.
- Issues: None, but may need a fourth coat for very visible nail lines given the sheer formula
- Colour: Bright pink with a blue flash. The pink is jelly like and does not show over black but the blue is gorgeous over black.
- Buy It: Only available at Indie Expo Canada on June 10th.