Saving the best for last! Well the best of the chrome part of the Revlon HoloChromes at least. I prefer the holographic ones since there is little else like them available to those who want to shop in stores. Revlon Amethyst Smoke is a little different than the rest of the collection. While it looks like a multichrome in the bottle, the blue was never visible on my nail. Maybe a little yellow with the green, but never the blue. A slightly muted/dusty purple is the primary colour, but in some lights, you can get an almost all green nail.
Revlon Amethyst Smoke Swatches and Review
Unlike the brushed metal shades in the chrome part of this collection, Revlon Amethyst Smoke is fairly sheer. Not unusual for multichromes which can often be used over black to help with opacity. This one needed three coats and you do need to let each one dry for a few minutes or you get bald spots from brushing over it.
The wear time on this one is shorter too, it started chipping off the next day in the shower when I was washing my hair. A few people have mentioned short wear times with this collection. I do use a sticky base coat, but this was the only shade I had wear issues with.
Purple-green shift in Revlon Amethyst Smoke Nail Polish
Still a very pretty shade for a polish available in the drug store. I am really impressed with Revlon’s attempt at bringing some non cremes/glitters to the drug store shelves in Canada. Could they be better, certainly. If you use a lot of indies, you may not be all that impressed with them. But compared to other polishes available in Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart or Rexall for $6.49 or less, there is not much else like them out there.
Green shift in Revlon Amethyst Smoke Nail Polish
Revlon Amethyst Smoke (Multichrome) Polish Overview
- Coats required: 3 coats (shown with top coat)
- Dry time: ok, but you do need to make sure each is dry or it suffers from bald spots
- Wear time: short
- Issues: Fairly sheer, needs dry time between coats to stop bald spots from brushing wet polish (but these issues are true of many multichromes)
- Colour: purple-green duochrome, a little yellow and blue in bottle but never translated to the nail
- Buy It: Major drug stores and anywhere else that sells Revlon nail polish. Look for it in special displays.