I have a love hate relationship with Essie but I think their Gel Couture range may have changed that. I have fairly big nails. Not that they are extra long or anything, but they are not teeny tiny and that Essie brush drives me crazy. Just requires too many brush strokes which can make some polishes look worse. They have some great colours, good formulas but a brush makes all the difference. Which is why I have not tried the Gel Couture line, until now!
Why did I not know that the Gel Couture line has nice chubby brushes? I have seen lots of reviews of the polishes. I guess I just wrongly assumed they had the same iconic essie skinny precision brush. I would rather clean up edges with acetone and do my nails in less strokes. Probably takes me longer but I love a chubby brush. So now that I love an essie brush and need to buy half the Essie Gel Couture line… swatches of Find Me A Man-nequin.
Essie Gel Couture Find Me A Man-nequin Swatches
Find Me A Man-nequin from Essie Gel Couture
Swatch of Essie Gel Couture Find Me A Man-nequin
The swatches of this seem to vary a lot. The polish itself is very light dependent. In bright light, it will appear lighter, more of a royal blue. In darker lighting, you see more of the blurple colour and it appears deeper. It has a great gel like jelly but opaque formula. Completely opaque in two coats with no pesky bald spots or brush strokes, especially when topped with the Gel Couture top coat which makes it shine and last all week.
The Gel Couture line also lasts on my nails. I typically get four days max out of polishes. I hate visible tip-wear so change polish regularly but this looked great after 3 days when I switched it up for a different colour. No chips and no tip-wear on a blue is amazing.
The full Essie Gel Couture range is now available at Nail Polish Canada. As always, shipping is free when you spend $19 and be sure to check their facebook page as I have seen an advert for free vinyls with any order popping up recently.
Essie Gel Couture Find Me A Man-nequin Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats of Essie Gel Couture Find Me A Man-nequin topped with Essie Gel Couture top coat
- Dry time: Decent, not super fast but not especially slow. I painted my nails while watching a show and they were dry enough to do stuff by the end of the hour long show.
- Wear time: great, no tip wear or chips after 3 days (amazing on my nails for a darker polish)
- Issues: Colour is very light dependent but no formula issues
- Colour: a royal blue to blurple gel like colour depending on lighting
- Buy It: Nail Polish Canada