Last but not least in the Alter Ego Proud To Be Me collection is Marching To My Own Beat. A shimmery orange base with cobalt blue flakies. Orange nail polish is not usually very flattering on me. It usually brings out my lobster hands but this one is surprisingly nice on. Would probably be amazing on darker skin tones though.
The Proud To Be Me collection will debut at Indie Expo Canada on August 17th and be available online starting August 20th. The collection focuses on some lesser used “prugly” colours and makes them unique with extra shimmers or flakies.
Swatches of Marching To My Own Beat (Proud To Be Me Collection) in Artificial Lighting
Another very light dependent one. It looks better until warmer lighting than my cooler lights. Maybe just because my skin looked more yellow against it. I do have a third coat on my ring finger as the nail line tends to be more visible on that finger. Top coat on all swatches.
Swatches of Marching To My Own Beat (Proud To Be Me Collection) in Natural Lighting
in shade on a cloudy day
these are in full sun and the shade of orange I usually see while wearing Alter Ego Marching To My Own Beat
Alter Ego Proud To Be Me Collection
Happy I’m Not Like The Others, Marching To My Own Beat, Being Myself & Uncommonly Me from the Alter Ego Proud To Be Me Collection
Alter Ego Marching To My Own Beat (Proud To Be Me Collection) Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats for full opacity – worn with glossy top coat. Third coat needed with an overly visible nail line
- Dry time: Good
- Wear time: Unknown, only had this on for a few hours
- Issues: Larger flakies did not sit flat on the nail. Looks nice but if texture bothers you, something to be aware of. I ended up using tweezers to pull that flakie off my middle finger nail. It does show more brush strokes than the rest of the collection.
- Colour: orange with cobalt blue small and large flakies
- Buy It: Indie Expo Canada 2019 or online from Alter Ego’s website starting August 20