Avon is out with new delicious sounding lip glosses. Avon Crave Lip Glosses come in 12 shades and I tried 8 of them. They are all high shine with coverage varying from a kiss of colour to medium (for a gloss). Each one is flavoured and infused with Vitamin E to moisturize as it shines.
These are obviously thick coats to show you the full colour, but you can see that some are very sheer in colour while others pack more of a punch. They are still just a wash of colour on the lip and not like a lipstick. Some have a really nice duo colour shine too.
There are four shades I have not tried yet, Chocolate Brownie, Minted Apple, Pumpkin Latte and Salted Caramel. They all sound amazing and after trying these, I can’t wait to get those too.
Avon Crave Lip Gloss Swatches in Birthday Cake, French Toast & Strawberry Glaze
- Birthday Cake from the Avon Crave lip gloss collection is a sheer light pink with a blue iridescent sparkle. The pinky colour is almost invisible on the lips
- Avon Crave in French Toast offers more colour on the lip. The scent is there but the colour isn’t very French Toasty. A rosy metallic medium red with an almost peachy shimmer. The maple scent is strong on this one if scents bother you.
- Crave Strawberry Glaze from Avon is one of my favourites. A pink base with a stunning blue shimmer. I am not sure the scent is quite strawberry, maybe mixed berries? Looks amazing though.
Avon Crave Lip Gloss Swatches in Citrus Sangria & Cherry Creamsicle
- Citrus Sangria from the Avon Crave lip gloss release is quite tart smelling. I love it but my boyfriend said my lips smelled weird. It is a golden peachy colour with a golden shimmer.
- Cherry Creamiscle was a surprising favourite. Cherry isn’t usually a flavour I love, reminds me of cough syrup. But the Avon Crave one was sweeter and I love the wash of rosey pink/red with a golden shimmer on the lips.
Avon Crave Lip Gloss Swatches in Honey Tea, Cucumber Spritzer & Peach Bellini
On to the “different” shades in the Avon Crave Lip Gloss collection.
- Honey Tea is a gorgeous almost clear base with a ton of golden shimmer. This looks so amazing over lipstick but doesn’t wow alone. It does smell very strongly of honey though.
- Avon Crave Cucumber Spritzer smells just like my cucumber eye patches which I love. Quite spa like and fresh scented. It has a light lavender base with a blue, sometimes green or gold shifty shimmer. Almost opalescent. Like Honey Tea, I prefer it over lipstick to alone.
- Finally, Peach Bellini from the Avon Crave lip gloss collection is another shade with more colour than many of the others. It smells like peach candies and has a peachy coral colour with golden shimmer.
Definitely something for everyone in the Avon Crave lip gloss collection. They are not overly sticky and comfortable on the lip while giving a nice sheer wash of colour. You can pick these up from your local Avon rep now, or order online here. The regular price is $8 each, but Avon has offers regularly. Currently, you can grab three for $12.99 for example so buy soon!