Over the next week, I will be sharing the Paint it Pretty Polish Holographic Collection. It is a set of seven polishes so you can have one for every day of the week. Starting with Midnight Sparkle, a dark blue holographic polish. Priced at $10 and available from a Canadian maker on etsy, it is a great option if you are looking to buy local.
Midnight Sparkle needed three coats under lights but looked pretty good with two in normal lighting. I often need three coats for swatches though. A visible nail line and bright lights do not mix. The formula on this one is quite thick. You need to try and cover the nail evenly in one coat as it will pull and leave bald patches as it dries quickly.
Paint it Pretty Polish Midnight Sparkle Swatches
Sorry no sunlight shots of this one, sunrise is getting too late for my early morning swatches. It does appear slightly brighter and lighter than to the naked eye in my photos. It leans a little more navy blue under normal lighting as on my thumb in the bottle shot above.
Paint it Pretty Polish Midnight Sparkle has a decent amount of holo and you see the linear sparkle even in normal lighting. It does need a glossy top coat. Top coat helps bring out holo in general but this appeared a little matte without it. I always wear top coat to help with longevity and protect the polish anyway but for anyone who doesn’t.
I really like the colour. Not too bright and not too dark. The holo in Midnight Sparkle shows well against the base colour. If the thicker formula is an issue for you, you could probably thin it out but would likely need a third coat if you did.
Paint It Pretty Polish Midnight Sparkle (Holographic Collection) Overview
- Coats required: It looked good with two until I took photos under bright lights, 2 normal coats/3 thin is probably fine for most people.
- Dry time: Fast, was drying even with additional strokes for the same coat.
- Wear time: Unknown, took it off same day.
- Issues: From the bit I got on my cuticle, might be a stainer (as many blues are)
- Colour: Dark blue holographic polish
- Buy It: Direct from Paint It Pretty on Etsy – ($10 for 15ml)