Another polish from the Alter Ego Fan Faves Collection! Silver Lining has a cool silver base with gunmetal micro-glitter. As soon as I put matte top coat on this one, it became my favourite of the collection. Another great thing about Alter Ego Silver Lining is that you can get away with one generous coat of polish but my swatches are shown with two.
Alter Ego Silver Lining Swatches
In sunlight, Alter Ego Silver Lining leans a little darker than in artificial lighting. But the darker gunmetal microglitter shows better too. It does show some brush strokes, but not particularly bad and levels with top coat. You can see them in the closeups but not to the naked eye.
In artificial lighting, the silver base appears more icy. The microglitter still shows but I prefer the look in natural lighting.
Alter Ego Silver Lining Matte Swatches
I am all about the matte top coat lately but I love Alter Ego Silver Lining when matte. Without the shine of the base, it is grungey and beautiful.
Alter Ego Silver Lining Stamping Test
This polish may be a one coat wonder but the glitter means it does not make the best stamping polish. It shows beautifully over black. I have brighter silvers but for a non-stamping polish, it works well. Over lighter colours however, it is not opaque enough an the glitter looks a little weird.
Alter Ego Silver Lining Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats (but you might get away with one if you don’t have an especially visible nail line)
- Dry time: Good, nails were dry enough for the second coat
- Wear time: Good, I wore this with top coat and added matte top coat for 3 days with no chipping
- Issues: None – requires a little scrubbing for removal
- Colour: Silver base with gun metal silver micro glitter.
- Buy It: Available through Alter Egos website or at Indie Expo Canada. Not a limited edition polish.