Another Color Club Mood Polish! This one is Blue Skies Ahead, a light blue to a dusty light purple thermal polish. It is a little brighter in colour than the bottle colour suggests which I personally prefer. You know that with blue and purple, I am a huge fan of this polish but it does have good opacity, a nice formula and a good transition temperature.
Swatch of Color Club Blue Skies Ahead Mood Changing Polish
The transition points of the polishes in this collection vary quite a bit but Blue Skies Ahead has a great change temperature and even my short tips get some natural purple change. No need to keep running my hands under hot and cold water on this one. A nice bright baby blue leads to a slightly dusty light purple. The formula is great, smooth and a nice thickness. Some of the collection are a little patchy and need full dry time between coats but not the case here. Two coats are needed for full opacity.
Natural transition change at tips compared to sticking my finger in freezing water
Swatches of Color Club Blue Skies Ahead Nail Art
Color Club Blue Skies Ahead stamped with Hit The Bottle Holo There Beautiful and BM-XL17 nail stamping plate
Cold state of Color Club Blue Skies Ahead in full force compared to a little of the warm blue. Shown stamped with Hit The Bottle Holo There Beautiful using BM-XL17 nail stamping plate.
Color Club Blue Skies Ahead: Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats of Color Club Blue Skies Ahead Mood Changing Polish (shown with Essie Gel Setter top coat)
- Dry time: Decent, one of the better dry times in the collection.
- Wear time: good
- Issues: None
- Transition Temperature: Good, naturally shows some of the cold state even on short tips
- Transition Colours: baby blue (warm) to light purple (cold)
- Buy It: $12.95 at Trade Secrets (in store only)