Last week, I went through the Zoya collection to find out if I could do the alphabet nails challenge using only Zoya. Turns out I can’t so this week I am making an alphabetical list of all Essie polishes to see if it is possible with Essie. Where possible, I am going to stay away from the many pinks that essie is so well known for to show you some of their other more fun colours.
- Absolutely Shore – this supremely wearable shade of soft sea foam green nail lacquer is pure bliss. go ahead, dip a toe in these gentle waters just to be sure.
- Bahama Mama – anytime is the right time for warm deep plum polish. creamy and rich, this tropical beauty works winter, spring, summer or fall – gorgeous is always in fashion.
- Clambake – dig into perfect summer sizzle. this fire-bright creamy red-orange lacquer serves up fond memories of festive nights at the beach.
- Dive Bar – here comes trouble. this mysterious blackest blue polish with shimmer creates an intensely sultry scene, wherever you go.
- E-nuf is e-nuf – a no-nsense subdued creamy coral polish that says it all. apply this simply elegant nail lacquer and you are fashionably fabulous. end of story.
- First Timer – fresh. fun. fabulous. try something totally unexpected like this adorable newbie green nail lacquer and you’ll want to do it again and again.
- Golden Nuggets – hit the jackpot and score with this glittery, gold bold nail polish. it’s your big night, so go for baroque with a blinged-out chic manicure.
- Haute Tub – turn up the fashion heat and take the plunge in indulgent jet black with amethyst fire.
- Ignite the Night – the scintillating light from this sparkling hematite nail lacquer with a superfine matte finish fans the flames of passion for luxurious fashion.
- Jam n Jelly – bright, fruity fun. this warm, rich fuchsia lacquer creates a deliciously fresh and juicy manicure.
- Knockout Pout – why should lips have all the fun? nails love hot, supercharged pink, too. caution: this nail color-crush can fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
- Luxedo – suit up in this deepest plum and boldly go where no man has gone before.
- Mind Your Mittens – charm. etiquette. discretion. you’re a master of manners with serious knit knack in this double diamond black teal lacquer.
- Naughty Nautical – sail the sexy seas and chart a course for adventure in this shimmering, brilliant blue-green nail polish. naughty never looked so nice.
- On A Silver Platter – violet holographic glitter and antique silver add bold contrast to this pearlescent gold polish that proclaims: the world is yours for the taking.
- Peach Side Babe – sweet. gorgeous. hot. this sun-ripe peach tempts every sense with freshly-picked beauty.
- Quick-e Fast Drying drops – no nail polishes but you can still do a mani in less time with these drops!
- Rock at the Top – pristine gold glitters for an elevated level of chic. take manis from basic to breathtaking with one simple stroke. luxeffects have shimmer, dimension and reflection for instant rock at the top glam.
- Starry Starry Night – you’re not dreaming! this beloved, legendary midnight blue, twinkling with silvery stars and glittering like the night sky, is back. time to celebrate!
- Tea & Crumpets – impeccably proper. quintessentially english. get suitably attired in this subtle and frosted beige for a manicure that’s the perfect cup of tea.
- Urban Jungle – city smart. wild at heart. live on the edge of paradise in this irresistible, alabaster orchid.
- Virgin Snow – pure. untouched. pristine. this icy frozen lavender is just waiting to be discovered.
- Wrapped in Rubies – rich. fascinating. sublime. adorn yourself in this jewel-like deep burgundy nail lacquer with gold undertones and rock a glam look. bling it on.
- Yogaga – Yogaga, a creamy and icy taupe. Nearly nude nails are a classic and a favorite in this office. (no longer available)
- X and Z do not seem to exist even in discontinued releases
Essie scored only 23-24 out of the 26 weeks of nail polishes needed for the Alphabet of Nails challenge, so on to another brand next week. Which Essie shade from the ones shown above is your favourite?
One Reply to “The ABCs of Essie Nail Polish”
Oh I love this! I loved your Zoya post and this one is great too. I have a lot of Essie shades but I doubt I have that many letters. I definitely want to go take a look at my collection now though! Great post 🙂
P.S. Your blog is one of my faves!