Gold is huge in beauty products right now, from nail products like Sally Hansen’s 18K Gold Cuticle Remover to hair care, skin care and more. The idea of using gold for skincare is nothing new, the ancient Greeks used gold knowing that it can help improve the elasticity of skin, moisturize and tone, but we don’t all have Cleopatra type resources so many gold products are fairly high end. So when Isa Professional offered me the chance to try out their Xanadu 24K gold serum, I jumped at the chance. At $69.99 a bottle, it has amazing reviews but the frugalista in me doesn’t like to pay for expensive things without giving them a good test run first.
Xanadu 24K Gold Serum
Ingredients: 24K Gold, Deionized water, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Collagen, Rose Extract, Hyaluronic acid, Creatine, Beta-Glucan, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (Matrixyl-3000), Epidermal Growth Factor, P-anisic.
- Vitamin C – pH balanced and highly absorbable. Helps brighten skin, combat wrinkles and dark spots.
- Rose Extract soothes the skin and gives the Xanadu serum a delightful natural scent.
- Hyaluronic Acid captures and holds up to 1000 times its volume in moisture to your skin.
- Collagen to support your skin’s own collagen while Creatine supplies energy to your cells and Beta-Glucan boosts the immune system.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (Matrixyl-3000) is a peptide that specifically stimulates collagen synthesis and skin repair.
- Epidermal Growth Factor stimulates new cell growth.
Formulated with botanical ingredients, high tech science, and actual 24K gold, this serum will moisturize your skin, improve elasticity and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, even out skin tone, repair sun damage, and will give you a golden youthful glow.
Xanadu Serum has a pump bottle, dispensing the perfect amount of serum and gold. You can rub it right onto your skin but you will have some gold flakes showing. They are small and almost matte so tasteful but probably not what you want going into a business meeting so it is best to pump onto your hand and rub your palms together before applying. This way you get a nice glow from the dissolving gold but no large flakes. For a night out, go for gold (literally) and apply right to your face.
A new medication I have been taking caused really dry skin, especially on my cheeks. I had noticed a lot of texture there and noticeable pores. Since using Xanadu 24K Gold Serum, my skin is smoother and less textured. The gold when dissolved by rubbing gives a nice glow without looking darker like a bronzer, it just gives a healthy glow.
The serum is a watery gel so the gold is dispensed with every pump and doesn’t sink to the bottom but is easy to apply and absorbs quickly. Important when you wear makeup and have to wait for layers to dry and still leave the house before 7am. The minute saved in various dry times can make a huge difference to me actually leaving on time.
I know Rose Extract is good for your skin, but I am personally not a fan of rose scents and it is fairly strong when first applied. That being said, it is not unpleasant, but if it came in different scents, I would likely choose a different one. That would be my only complaint about the Xanadu serum though.
Buy Isa Professional Xanadu 24K Gold Serum
- $69.99 on Amazon (ships from Amazon and includes free shipping because it is over $25)
- Direct from Isa Professional – currently on sale for $59 and free shipping! They ship from within Canada so no need to worry about duties at the border or crazy fees from couriers.