While watching TV the other day, an IKEA commercial caught my eye (well, more my ear, but whatever). They were talking about House Rules and how everyone has them. I laughed at the one about the cup, because his parents have some cups I would never drink from but remind him of childhood so he searches the cupboards for them when we are there.
Mentioning this to him, he said we don’t have “House Rules”. I beg to differ!
- House Rule 1: The cats are my babies, don’t like them? There is the door. Unless you are allergic, they are not getting locked up, will jump up beside you and most likely demand attention from you.
- House Rule 2: We have to hug Roo when we get home. He will turn into a snotty brat and chase other cats if we don’t. Sorry if you are behind me on the stairs, you just need to wait a minute.
- House Rule 3: Say I love you, often!
- House Rule 4: Don’t go to bed angry.
- House Rule 5: There must always be tea and coffee in the cupboards. Seriously, get down to 10 tea bags of my fave brew and the world is ending.
- House Rule 6: No phones during dinner – it is not that long, we can do it (well he can, with ease but I manage)
- House Rule 7: No talking during Scandal (I will cut you – ok these are turning more into my rules than his, but he only cares that we have coffee, toilet paper (the wrong way around) and Lucky Charms)
- House Rule 8: No TV in the bedroom (he does care about this one, but my tablet is allowed)
- House Rule 9: Totally like Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory, don’t sit on my place on the sofas (this goes for both of us, he will death stare people on his side of the sofa).
- House Rule 10: No matter what it costs, air conditioning!
- House Rule 11: Take your shoes off at the door (and if you wear your work boots across my freshly mopped floors, I don’t care who you are, you will redo them!)
- House Rule 12: No closed doors unless you are in the bathroom, the cats will give themselves brain damage trying to open it.
- House Rule 13: If you finish it, open a new one (juice, milk, toilet paper on the roll – you get the picture. Nothing worse than needing something right then and not having it).
- House Rule 14: Friday nights do not include cooking. Whether we eat out, get delivery/takeout or just made sandwiches or cereal – cooking does not happen.
- House Rule 15: Don’t use my mug(s). Yes the pretty blue one is mine, the Tim’s one is mine, the glass tea one is mine and the purple glass is mine. The black one is yours and the pretty white and black ones are used when people are over.
Oh and my personal rule, yes I just got home 5 minutes ago and took off my bra and got into pyjamas. You don’t like me lounging about in comfy clothes, go to your own house. I don’t feel the need to be all dressed up to sit on the sofa (plus cats = fur on clothes). And yes, I am painting my nails AGAIN, live with it.
Do you have house rules? What are they? You can add your IKEA House Rules here