I am really late on #CBBxManiMonday but it has been a crazy week. We are doing Halloween nails this month. To start off, I have some simple glow in the dark nails with black bat stamping. I used Alter Ego’s new colour of the month, Alterween. It is a neon green polish that glows yellow in the dark. Be sure to check out Cosmetic Proof, Prairie Beauty Love and See the World in Pink for more halloween nail art this month.
Alterween by Alter Ego is a neon green indie nail polish that glows a bright yellow in the dark. Tip: don’t leave your hand with glowing fingers hanging off the bed for your cat to get freaked out by. I have a nasty cut on my hand as a result.
Alter Ego Alterween Swatches (October 2019 Colour of the Month)
It leans a little less yellow than my camera is picking up in normal lighting. It is a jelly like neon green that is opaque in three coats. It does leave bald patches if you apply the second coat when the first is still wet so let it dry first for best coverage.
A reflective vest type yellow in the dark
Alter Ego Alterween Stamped Swatches
This one is the most true to colour swatch
Alter Ego Alterween Overview
- Coats required: 3 coats. No white undies needed for opacity but glow in the dark polishes do generally show better with a white undie
- Dry time: Good but do let each coat dry as the second one left a few bald spots moving still wet polish.
- Wear time: Unknown, only worn for a day
- Issues: None.
- Colour: Neon Green, a touch less yellow than my photos show in light and glows yellow in the dark
- Buy It: Direct from Alter Ego