Each month, Alter Ego releases a colour of the month for their Egomaniacs Facebook group (join it here for access to custom colours, giveaways and more). This month is Alter Ego Autumn Auric. Sometimes the group gets to choose the colour. Other times they name it. This month was based on a request for a polish like a previous Polish Pickup shade. It turned out to be quite different to Fight Fire with Fire but is still a great fall colour.
You probably know that I am not a yellow gold kind of person. It usually gives me lobster hands but Autumn Auric includes green and copper microglitter that tone down the yellow. An antique gold, this one just shines in the sun (see a video on instagram).
Alter Ego Autumn Auric Swatches (Egomaniacs September 2019 Colour of the Month)
Full opacity in two coats, Alter Ego Autumn Auric is a microglitter polish but smooth with top coat. No major issues. I wore it on one finger for several days with no staining and removal was easy. Alter Ego tends to work well with my nails in general. The formula is good, with good mixing of the green so it is part of the polish and not just green areas.
Swatches of Autumn Auric by Alter Ego – Closeups
See that pretty green and darker areas of copper? It really tones down the yellow gold to give an antique gold feeling that is the perfect colour for cooler fall days.
Alter Ego Autumn Auric (Egomaniacs Colour of the Month September 2019) Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats for opacity (I do have a 3rd on my ring finger which has a much stronger visible nail line)
- Dry time: Decent
- Wear time: Good but Alter Ego generally wears well on my nails
- Issues: None, it is a microglitter so I did leave acetone on for a few seconds before wiping away
- Colour: Antique gold with green and copper microglitter
- Buy It: $10 US. Buy direct from Alter Ego