Each month, the twelve Makers Dozen brands along with a guest brand make an exclusive polish based on a theme. For September’s bird theme, Alter Ego was given clear as her colour. Cynthia chose the Western Bluebird as her inspiration for this month’s polish.
Alter Ego Western Bluebird can be worn as a topper or use multiple coats for a more opaque glitter polish. Swatches shown with three coats and top coat. It has a clear base that is slightly greyed with blue, orange and white microglitter. As always, only 40 bottles are available and you can buy it direct from her website for $10 (full size only). Western Bluebird will be available for September or while the 40 bottles last.
Western Bluebird by Alter Ego shown with one coat (topper) and three coats
Alter Ego Western Bluebird shown as a topper over various polishes
Using a pearl white gave it a really nice base to cover any visible nail line without taking away from the slightly blue-grey clear base. If you are going for a darker colour base, a blue or grey works better than black. It does have some texture at full opacity so if using a thinner top coat, you may need two coats.
Swatches of Alter Ego Western Bluebird (Makers Dozen September 2019)
Alter Ego Western Bluebird (Makers Dozen September 2019) Overview
- Coats required: 3 coats for opacity or wear as a topper
- Dry time: Decent but since it is a glitter polish, allow coats to dry to reduce dragging the glitter on the next coat
- Wear time: Good but only worn as a topper (worn just for swatching at full opacity)
- Issues: None but is a glitter bomb so you may need two coats of thinner top coats to smooth the nail and scrub a little on removal.
- Colour: Clear base with blue, orange and white microglitter
- Buy It: Limited edition for Makers Dozen, only 40 bottles available. $10 US / full size only. Buy direct from Alter Ego.
One Reply to “Alter Ego Western Bluebird (Makers Dozen September 2019)”
This is such a beautiful polish!