Indie Expo Canada is killing me with these exclusives. They are so pretty and it is hard to get the list down to an affordable amount. Alter Ego Pretty Hair is named after the organizer of IEC, Pam Heil, the owner of Girly Bits. The first time Alter Ego maker Cynthia met Pam, she was rocking pink hair.
I have worn this a couple of times since getting it early to swatch and it is gorgeous. A pigmented fuchsia pink with an amazing amount of holo shimmer. I usually have two layers of base coat, a sticky base as my nails chip easily and a ridge filling base coat to smooth the nail. with both, I had no staining from Alter Ego Pretty Hair but it did stain through when I only wore a regular base coat for photos. Surface staining that easily buffed out but something to be aware of.
Swatches of Alter Ego Pretty Hair (Indie Expo Canada 2019 Exclusive)
This somehow manages to have a gel like / jelly looking finish while being really pigmented. The swatch where my hand is flat is taken before top coat to show you just how shiny this is.
Alter Ego Pretty Hair (Indie Expo Canada 2019 Exclusive Polish) Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats for full opacity – worn with glossy top coat.
- Dry time: Good
- Wear time: Good, I wore this for 5 days before removal with no chipping
- Issues: Staining possible, use a good base coat
- Colour: Fuchsia / raspberry pink with scattered holo
- Buy It: Indie Expo Canada 2019 show exclusive. A limited quantity available. If any are left over from the show, they may be available direct from the Alter Ego website but no more will be made.