Another polish from Alter Ego’s Fan Faves collection. This is She’s A Brick House. A dark berry almost burgundy red with a gold shift in some lighting. It appeared quite vampy in the bottle but is a bit brighter on the nail. It is almost a one coater but I needed a second to get full opacity and cover a bare spot. You might get away with one thicker coat though.
Alter Ego She’s A Brick House Swatches
Shown here with one coat, you can see some patchiness and a little nail line. So while opaque in the bottle, a second coat is needed for full coverage. If you use thicker coats of polish, you might get away with one coat.
Shown in full sunlight, you see the glow from the glitter in the polish and a touch of the golden shift in She’s A Brick House.
I snapped this later in the evening and you can see a bit more of the gold in the evening sun.
Still beautiful with a touch of glow even in the shade.
Alter Ego She’s A Brick House Matte Swatch
I am not always the biggest fan of matte top coats over polishes with glitter or flakies but this collection mattifies really well. I loved this matte.
Alter Ego She’s A Brick House Stamping Test
This one stamps well over light and dark polishes. The metallic formula means it shows well over black and you get a more pink colour when stamped over white.
Alter Ego She’s A Brick House Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats (but you might get away with one thick coat if you don’t have an especially visible nail line)
- Dry time: Good, nails were dry enough for the second coat
- Wear time: Good, I wore this with top coat and added matte top coat for 3 days with no chipping
- Issues: None – requires a little scrubbing for removal. No staining on the nail but did leave some leftover gold shimmer to rinse after cuticle cleanup.
- Colour: Dark berry to burgundy red with gold shimmer.
- Buy It: Available through Alter Egos website or at Indie Expo Canada. Not a limited edition polish.