Nearly June already? Where has this year gone? Today I am sharing Alter Ego Vegas Gift Giver. It is exclusive to Polish Pickup for June 2018. That means you can only buy it June 1st to 4th. June’s polishes are all inspired by video games. Cynthia, the maker behind Alter Ego is not a big gamer so this is named for MyVegas, a game that gets you real life rewards for MGM properties.
Alter Ego Vegas Gift Giver is a jellyish tomato red with red shimmer in the base and holo micro-glitter. It can lean more orange in some lighting conditions and is one of those reds that can make your skintone look off. Something to be aware of if you have very pale skin.
It also has a little texture. It is not topcoat hungry, but a thicker top coat will work better than a watery one. Two coats were all that was needed to cover my nail but I added a third for better coverage at my often visible tips. It self levels easily and it dried fast enough to do a second coat right after both hands were done with the first.
Alter Ego Vegas Gift Giver Swatches (Polish Pickup June 2018 Exclusive)
Vegas Gift Giver by Alter Ego can show more orange than my pictures show. But in most lighting, it is a bright tomato red on me. There are other swatches in the Alter Ego fan group if you want to see the leanings on other skintones. I find many reds hard to wear on my pale skin but this actually looked quite nice.
Alter Ego Vegas Gift Giver (Polish Pickup June 2018 Exclusive) Polish Overview
- Coats required: 2 generous coats (shown with 3 thin coats and top coat)
- Dry time: Good, nails were dry enough for the second coat by the time both hands were painted
- Wear time: Decent, I wore this for 2 days before removing and while it showed some tip wear, it had not chipped
- Issues: None – but it does have some minor texture so use a thicker top coat
- Colour: Tomato red with red shimmer and holo microglitter
- Buy It: Only available from Polish Pickup June 1st to 4th