Now that I know Essie Gel Couture have bigger brushes, I am excited to try more of them. The first being Twill Seeker. I thought that it would be close to For The Twill of It from their regular collection, but it is not. Not a bad thing, it is a beautiful polish, just not a longwear version of the original essie favourite. For The Twill of It is more of a duochrome while Twill Seeker is a dark purple-plum depending on light with a green flash. It leans a little more plum in some lights and a dusty purple in others. The flash of green is not very visible in normal lighting but beautiful in the sun or bright lighting.
Essie Gel Couture Twill Seeker has a great formula. It dries quickly and lasts, even on my nails. Essie recommends no base coat with Gel Couture but my nails are a mess so I used Essie Ridge Filler. I tried it for a day with no base and no staining though. Shown here in two coats with Essie Gel Couture top coat.
The green flash is much more evident in the bottle than on the nail. I wish it had a bit more of the shimmer because it is beautiful but you know I love a purple! The top coat is great, no bubbling and dries quickly. Neither the Essie Gel Couture colours or top coat need to be cured with a lamp but they last well. I didn’t try it the entire week it promises. Too many polishes to play with and I never wear a polish that long. But it was fine for the 4th day I wore it.
Look at that chubby brush! Those who are not a fan of Essie’s skinny brushes will love it.
Essie Twill Seeker (Gel Couture) Swatch
Swatches of Essie Twill Seeker from the Gel Couture line in artificial lighting
Essie Gel Couture Twill Seeker Overview
- Coats required: 2 coats of Essie Gel Couture Twill Seeker topped with Essie Gel Couture top coat
- Dry time: Decent, not super fast but not especially slow. Worth the slightly slower dry time for long-wear with no drying lamp needed.
- Wear time: great, no tip wear or chips after 3 days (amazing on my nails for a darker polish)
- Issues: None with formula, flash of green only evident in bright lighting
- Colour: a dusty purple learning plum in some lighting with a beautiful green flash.
- Buy It: Nail Polish Canada
The full Essie Gel Couture range is now available at Nail Polish Canada. As always, shipping is free when you spend $19 and be sure to check their facebook page as I have seen an advert for free vinyls with any order popping up recently.