Have you ever thought about your dream fragrance? What you would make if you worked for a perfume company. Now you can mix scents at home with Demeter Fragrance Library Custom Blending Kits. Choose your mix of fragrances and add on a blending kit that includes everything you need to mix the singular scents. Some of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers Network, myself included, were lucky enough to try out these kits and make a custom scent at home!
My Demeter Fragrance Library Custom Blending kit included Laundromat which I had a sample of before and loved as well as Salt Air and Jasmine plus a separate Foolproof Blending Kit. The kit includes a bottle for your custom fragrance with a label you can write on, a small funnel and pipettes to measure out your perfect fragrance. Use a permanent marker to make your label as the scents tend to make ink run.
They also include a number of scent testing strips that you can use to perfect your measurements before adding to the bottle. Just add a drop at a time until you get your dream scent.
My chosen scents from the Demeter Fragrance Library were
- Salt Air: Imagine a perfect sea breeze on the perfect beach at your favorite tropical island. Now you have the perfect description of Demeter’s Salt Air. There’s just no denying it… Demeter’s Salt Air will have you thinking of that last vacation and much needed new one
- Jasmine: Demeter’s Jasmine is an exotic, sweet, warm floral bouquet. It is the experience of the living flowers picked on a beautiful spring night. (OK, Jasmine is not very beachy but it gives it that sweet flowery but not old lady flowery scent and makes it closer to sunscreen)
- Laundromat: This is simply the freshest, cleanest scent imaginable. Like that soft fluffy beach towel still warm out of the dryer!
My perfect mix actually included a little of two scents I already own as well as the three I received.
- Sunshine: What does Demeter’s Sunshine smell like? Think of your favorite, most comfortable cotton T-Shirt left outside and warmed by the sun.
- Clean Skin: A blend of orange, lemon, white rose, bergamot peach and vanilla, make for the perfect shower-fresh scent.
I mixed 3 parts Salt Air to 1 part Jasmine. Topped with just a couple of pipettes of Laundromat (to get that clean clothes feeling rather than stuck doing laundry scent). The scent was already great and I would have worn it just like that. The jasmine made it a little more exotic than the salt air with laundromat alone that could be somewhere rainy and boring. So I added a 1 part Sunshine and 1 part Clean Skin from my last kit – around the same amount as Jasmine. Perfect memories of summer in the cold winter days so I named it A Day At The Beach.
The Demeter Fragrance Library Custom Blending Kits have several catalogues you can choose from to help you choose scents that will work together. If you are not sure what to mix, they have a Blending Basics page to help you get started. Or instead of choosing individual scents yourself, you can choose one of their Foolproof Blending Trios with your favourite scent.