With the exchange rate and ipsy charging in US dollars, this will be my last glambag for a while. It is getting less worth it at around $22 per month, hopefully the dollar drops soon. The theme for February was Pretty in IpsyPink, not that mine was particularly pink.
My ipsy glambag included
- Chella Passionate Pink lip pencil
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
- Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment in Sierra Nevada #02
- Luxie small tapered blending eye brush
- Carrot & Rose hydrating cream by Seraphine Botanicals
This Chella lip pencil did not seem to be my colour, so I passed it on to a friend who loves it. However, she said that the pencil broke easily and she is going through it quickly as a result.
Smashbox’s Photo Finish Primer Oil was something I have wanted to try for a while, so I was happy to get a sample to see how it would work with my skin. I was surprised that it did not make my t-zone oilier, but sadly, it does not fill the pores like a silicone based one and I ended up using my regular primer on problem areas. It works well as a cuticle oil though!
The fallout on this Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment is huge and the colour is so barely there that I can’t imagine using it often.
The Luxie blending brush was decent. Better than you would get in drug store brushes, but I prefer my current brushes. I stuck it in the bag of brushes I use while travelling as it does blend well. The Carrot & Rose cream was just any other moisturizer. Nothing special, it absorbs well but I have plenty of drug store ones that do too.
Ipsy shows you what other ipsters are receiving so you can hate on them for not sending you a dream bag. If I had the choice from the February samples, I would have picked:
- Skinfix Ultra Rich Body Butter instead of the Carrot & Rose hydrating cream
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer instead of the Smashbox Primer Oil
- Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Paint Pot instead of the Chella lip pencil
- Trust Fund Baby I’m Kind of a Big Deal nail polish instead of the Naked Cosmetics mica pigment
- Margaret Dobbs London Crystal Nail File instead of the Luxie blending brush
Ok, I cheated and chose two nail polishes which they would never do (and seriously, why do they so rarely send me a polish?). If they want to be fussy and only let me switch up one, I would get the Mary Lou Manizer from the Balm instead of the Naked mica pigment.